Hello there! Are you a fan of cakes and tea? If yes, then you have come to the right place. Today, we are sharing with you an amazing recipe for a delicious yellow tea cake that will satisfy your taste buds and leave you craving for more. Our recipe is easy to follow and will yield a super moist and fluffy cake that’s perfect for any occasion. So, get ready to bake your way into the hearts of your loved ones with this delectable yellow tea cake recipe, exclusively brought to you by Quality Chai. Let’s get started! We’ve made this yellow tea cake recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch cake pan with butter.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup unsalted butter and 1 cup granulated sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 large eggs to the butter and sugar mixture, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, alternating with 1/2 cup buttermilk, until the batter is smooth and well-combined.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
How long does yellow tea cake last in the fridge?
Yellow tea cake, like most cakes, can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days after cooking. However, it is important to store it properly in an airtight container or wrapped tightly with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out and absorbing any odors in the fridge. If you want to store it for longer than four days, it is best to freeze it, which can extend its shelf life for up to three months. To thaw the frozen cake, simply transfer it from the freezer to the refrigerator and let it thaw overnight.
Low calorie yellow tea cake recipe substitutions
To make this yellow tea cake recipe lower calorie, you can make a few substitutions. First, you can replace the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour, which is higher in fiber and lower in calories. You can also use a natural zero-calorie sweetener like stevia instead of granulated sugar, or reduce the amount of sugar used in the recipe. Additionally, you can use low-fat buttermilk instead of regular buttermilk to reduce the overall fat content in the cake. Lastly, you can reduce the amount of butter used or replace it with unsweetened apple sauce to cut back on calories. These substitutions will help make the yellow tea cake recipe a healthier and lower calorie option.
What to serve with a yellow tea cake?
Yellow tea cake is a versatile dessert that can be served with a variety of complementary accompaniments. Some great options include fresh berries, whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or a drizzle of lemon glaze. For a more savory option, a side of honey glazed ham or a cheese plate with sharp cheddar and gouda would pair well with the sweetness of the cake. Another great option is to serve the cake with a cup of tea or coffee. No matter what accompaniment you choose, the delicious flavor of the yellow tea cake is sure to shine through and make for a wonderful dessert experience.
Whats the best sauce for a yellow tea cake?
When it comes to pairing a sauce with a yellow tea cake, you want to choose something that complements the delicate flavor of the cake without overpowering it. A simple and classic option is a vanilla glaze, made with powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk. This sweet and creamy glaze is easy to make and adds a subtle sweetness to the cake. Another option is a fresh fruit sauce, such as a raspberry or strawberry sauce, which adds a fruity twist to the cake and pairs well with its light texture. Overall, the key is to choose a sauce that enhances the flavor of the cake without being too heavy or overpowering.
Yellow tea cake health benefits
I’m sorry, but I cannot provide a definitive answer to your question as it would depend on the ingredients used in the yellow tea cake recipe. However, generally speaking, baked goods such as cake typically contain a lot of sugar and refined flour, and may not provide many health benefits. Instead, I would recommend a recipe for a healthier alternative to cake, such as a fruit salad or a smoothie bowl, which can provide essential vitamins and minerals.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!