Hello and welcome to Quality Chai! Today, I have a delightful recipe to share with you for mint bread. This fresh and flavorful bread is perfect for a morning breakfast or afternoon snack. The combination of sweet mint and aromatic herbs creates a unique and delicious taste. Let’s get started on making this delicious bread. We’ve made this mint bread recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Take a medium-sized bowl. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar till the ingredients are combined completely. Set aside this bowl of dry ingredients.
- Take another bowl and cream the butter thoroughly until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the egg to the beaten butter and beat it well, so that the egg mixes completely with the butter.
- Now, add 1/2 cup of milk to the bowl and beat until well combined.
- Add the chopped mint leaves and 1 tablespoon of finely grated lemon zest, then mix well.
- Gradually add the bowl of dry ingredients to the wet ingredients created above. Continuously mix just until it’s fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Shake it to level the batter properly.
- Bake the mint bread in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Take the pan out of the oven and let it cool on the rack for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the bread from the pan and cool it completely on the wire rack before slicing and serving.
How long does mint bread last in the fridge?
Mint bread can generally be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week after it has been cooked. This assumes that it has been properly stored in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. It’s important to note that the flavor and texture of the bread may change slightly over time, so it’s best to enjoy it within the first few days if possible. If you want to keep mint bread for longer than a week, it is recommended that you freeze it in an airtight container or a freezer bag and consume it within three months.
Low calorie mint bread recipe substitutions
To make this mint bread recipe lower calorie, you could make the following substitutions:- Use reduced-fat butter or margarine instead of regular butter- Use skim milk or non-dairy milk instead of whole milk- Use a sugar substitute like stevia instead of regular sugar, or reduce the sugar by half or a third- Use 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 cup of all-purpose flour instead of 2 cups of all-purpose flour- Use only egg whites instead of whole eggs- Use a lighter oil like vegetable oil instead of butter, and replace half of the oil with unsweetened applesauce for added moistureWith these substitutions, you can significantly reduce the calorie content of the recipe without sacrificing too much flavor or texture. Additionally, be mindful of serving size, as even a lower calorie recipe can still contain a lot of calories if you consume too much.
What to serve with a mint bread?
Mint bread pairs perfectly with a variety of dishes and flavors. For a brunch option, consider serving with scrambled eggs and sliced avocado. For a light lunch or dinner, pair with a simple salad of mixed greens and a vinaigrette dressing. It also makes an excellent side for grilled meats or roasted vegetables. For a more indulgent option, try serving it with a creamy spinach and artichoke dip. Whatever the occasion, mint bread is a versatile and delicious addition to any meal.
Whats the best sauce for a mint bread?
The best sauce for mint bread would depend on personal preference, as well as what other ingredients are being used in the dish. However, a popular option is a sweet and tangy lemon glaze. To make this, mix powdered sugar with freshly squeezed lemon juice until it reaches a thick consistency. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled mint bread, allowing it to soak in and add an extra burst of flavor to each bite. Other options could include a creamy yogurt sauce or a lighter honey syrup for those who prefer a less tart flavor profile.
Mint bread health benefits
Unfortunately, there are no specific health benefits of eating mint bread. However, there are many other bread recipes that offer a variety of health benefits. For example, whole wheat bread is a great source of fiber and can aid in digestion, while sourdough bread can help to regulate blood sugar levels and improve gut health. Adding ingredients like nuts, seeds, and dried fruits to bread can also provide added nutrition and health benefits. As a helpful assistant and chef, I would suggest exploring different bread recipes that incorporate healthy ingredients to meet your specific health goals and preferences.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!