Welcome to Quality Chai! If you’re a fan of the golden spice turmeric, then you’ll love this delicious turmeric cake recipe. Perfect for any time of day, this cake has a delightful balance of sweetness and warm, earthy flavors. Plus, the addition of turmeric adds a pop of color and is packed with health benefits. So grab your apron and let’s get baking! We’ve made this turmeric cake recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
Sure, here’s the HTML for the ingredient list as an unordered list:“`HTML
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).2. Grease an 8-inch cake pan.3. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and turmeric powder until well combined.4. In a large bowl, begin to cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.5. Add two large eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition to ensure that they are smoothly incorporated into the mixture.6. Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix to combine.7. Add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients in two additions, alternating with the milk, stirring until just combined after each addition.8. Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top with a spatula until it is a level and even thickness.9. Bake the turmeric cake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.10. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.11. Once cool, slice the cake and serve. Enjoy!
How long does turmeric cake last in the fridge?
Turmeric cake can be stored in the fridge for up to five days after cooking. It is best to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container before refrigerating to prevent it from drying out or absorbing any unwanted smells. Before serving, allow the turmeric cake to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. If there are any signs of spoilage such as mold, strange odors, or changes in texture or color, discard the cake immediately.
Low calorie turmeric cake recipe substitutions
Here are some substitutions that can make the turmeric cake recipe lower in calories:1) Replace the all-purpose flour with a blend of whole wheat flour and almond flour. Whole wheat flour contains more fiber and nutrients than all-purpose flour, whereas almond flour is lower in carbohydrates and higher in healthy fats, making it a great gluten-free option. 2) Swap the butter with a lower-calorie alternative, such as unsweetened applesauce or mashed bananas. This will lower the fat and calorie content of the cake while adding some natural sweetness. 3) Replace the granulated sugar with a natural, calorie-free sweetener like stevia or erythritol. These sweeteners taste similar to sugar but are much lower in calories and do not spike blood sugar levels as much. 4) Use skim or almond milk instead of whole milk. This will significantly lower the fat and calorie content of the recipe while still providing moisture to the cake. By implementing these substitutions, you can enjoy a delicious and healthy turmeric cake without compromising on flavor or texture.
What to serve with a turmeric cake?
There are several options for what to serve with turmeric cake, depending on the time of day and personal preferences. For breakfast or brunch, pairing the cake with a dollop of Greek yogurt and fresh berries can be a refreshing way to start the day. Alternatively, serving the cake with a cup of chai tea or coffee can be a delicious way to enjoy the warm, spicy flavors of the cake. Another option is to serve the turmeric cake as a dessert, accompanied by a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of roasted almonds for added crunch. Overall, the versatility of turmeric cake makes it a great dish to serve at any meal or occasion.
Whats the best sauce for a turmeric cake?
Turmeric cake pairs perfectly well with a creamy frosting or sauce that complements the earthy and slightly spicy flavor of the turmeric. One great option is a coconut cream frosting made by mixing coconut cream, confectioner’s sugar, and some vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. The subtle sweetness and creaminess of the coconut cream perfectly balance the turmeric’s light bitterness, creating an overall delicious and satisfying flavor. Additionally, you could also try a lemon buttercream frosting or a ginger glaze, both of which also blend well with the turmeric’s flavor. Ultimately, the sauce you choose for your turmeric cake will depend on your preferences, but these options are sure to add a delightful touch to your flavorful dessert.
Turmeric cake health benefits
Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, and studies have shown that it may help improve brain function, lower the risk of heart disease and cancer, and lower inflammation and pain in people with arthritis. While turmeric cake may contain some of these health benefits, it is usually made with high amounts of sugar and refined flour, which can negate any potential benefits. Instead, a healthier recipe option could be a low-sugar, gluten-free turmeric and almond cake, using almond flour, coconut oil, and natural sweeteners such as honey or maple syrup. This would ensure the potential health benefits of turmeric are not being hidden by other ingredients that are not as healthy.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!