Welcome to Quality Chai, where we bring you delightful and adventurous flavors to spice up your culinary exploration. Today, we have a unique and delicious recipe for you that combines the rich and earthy taste of pu er tea with the smooth and chocolatey flavor of brownies. This pu er brownie recipe is a perfect combination of sweetness and bitterness, making it an irresistible treat for tea lovers and dessert enthusiasts alike. So, grab your apron and join us in the kitchen to experience a mouthwatering adventure! We’ve made this pu ehr brownie recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pu-erh tea leaves (finely ground)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.2. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.3. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1/2 cup brown sugar until well combined.4. Add two large eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.5. Stir in 2 teaspoons of finely ground Pu-erh tea leaves and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.6. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir until just combined.7. Fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.8. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.9. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.10. Let cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then cut into squares and serve.
How long does pu ehr brownie last in the fridge?
It is recommended to store pu ehr brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 to 7 days. The pu ehr tea adds a unique flavor to the brownies, but it may also cause them to spoil quicker than regular brownies. To maintain freshness, it is important to keep the brownies in a cool and dry place, and to avoid exposing them to moisture or heat. If you plan on storing the brownies for a longer period of time, it is best to freeze them in an airtight container. However, it is important to note that freezing may affect the texture of the brownies.
Low calorie pu ehr brownie recipe substitutions
To make this Pu-erh Brownies recipe lower calorie, here are some possible substitutions that can be made:- Use a low-calorie sugar substitute, such as stevia or erythritol, instead of the white and brown sugars.- Reduce the amount of butter in the recipe and replace it with unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana.- Use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour to increase the fiber content of the brownies.- Replace the chocolate chips with chopped nuts or dried fruit.While these substitutions may help in reducing the calorie content of the brownies, it’s important to keep in mind that they may also affect the taste and texture of the final product.
What to serve with a pu ehr brownie?
Pu-erh brownies are a unique dessert with earthy and rich flavors that can be challenging to pair it with other foods. However, the best options to serve with pu-erh brownies are fresh berries, especially raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. These sweet fruits balance out the bitterness of pu-erh tea and complement the rich chocolate flavor in the brownies. Additionally, a side of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream will also go great with pu-erh brownies to offset their strong taste and provide a smooth texture and sweetness. Alternatively, some fresh or brewed pu-erh tea can give a nice contrast to the dessert’s sweetness and also elevate the tea theme in the dish.
Whats the best sauce for a pu ehr brownie?
Pu erh brownies are not a common dessert, but if you are looking for a sauce to complement their unique earthy flavor, I suggest a simple chocolate ganache. This rich and smooth sauce made with cream and melted chocolate will enhance the dark chocolate taste of the brownie and add a creamy texture to each bite. You can also add a touch of pu erh tea leaves to the ganache to infuse and highlight the tea flavor. Another alternative could be a salted caramel sauce that will balance out the bitterness of the pu erh tea leaves with its sweet and salty notes.
Pu ehr brownie health benefits
Pu-erh brownies may have some health benefits as they contain Pu-erh tea, which is believed to aid in digestion, lower cholesterol levels, and promote weight loss. However, the overall health benefits of eating Pu-erh brownies would be negated by the high sugar and fat content in the brownies. If you’re looking for a healthier recipe, maybe try making oatmeal raisin cookies sweetened with honey and applesauce, as they can help lower cholesterol and contain whole grains. Another option is to make a fruit salad with assorted fruits for a refreshing and nutrient-packed dessert.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!