Welcome to Quality Chai, where we share our love for delicious and unique tea-infused recipes! Today, we are thrilled to present our latest creation: Oolong Tea Cookies! These delightful treats feature the rich and earthy flavor of oolong tea, perfectly balanced with the sweetness of brown sugar and vanilla. Whether you’re a tea lover or simply looking for a new and exciting cookie recipe to try, these Oolong Tea Cookies are sure to satisfy your taste buds. So, let’s dive into the recipe and get started! We’ve made this oolong tea cookie recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons oolong tea leaves, finely ground
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened unsalted butter and the powdered sugar. Cream them together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Finely grind the oolong tea leaves, and mix them into the butter and sugar mixture until well combined.
- Add the all-purpose flour and salt into the same mixing bowl, and mix everything together until the dough forms into a ball.
- Sprinkle some flour onto your work surface and roll the dough out until it’s around 1/4 inch (0.6 cm) in thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into your desired shapes. Gather the scraps and re-roll them to cut more cookies.
- Place your cookie cutouts onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure there’s space between each one.
- Bake your cookies for around 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are nice and golden brown.
- Allow your cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes after taking them out of the oven.
- Moving very carefully, transfer your cookies to a wire rack and let them cool down completely.
- Serve and enjoy your freshly baked oolong tea cookies!
How long does oolong tea cookie last in the fridge?
Oolong tea cookies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1-2 weeks after cooking. It is important to store them properly to maintain their freshness and texture. Before storing, make sure the cookies have cooled completely. Place them in a single layer in the container and separate the layers with parchment paper to prevent them from sticking together. Keep the container tightly sealed to prevent moisture from entering. Additionally, it is best to bring the cookies to room temperature before serving to ensure maximum flavor and enjoyment.
Low calorie oolong tea cookie recipe substitutions
To make this oolong tea cookies recipe lower in calories, several substitutions can be made. Firstly, instead of using a cup of unsalted butter, a lower amount of butter or a substitute such as applesauce, Greek yogurt, or mashed avocado can be used. Secondly, instead of using powdered sugar which has a high calorie content, a natural sweetener such as stevia or honey can be used. Finally, reducing the amount of flour used in the recipe or using whole wheat flour can also reduce the calorie content of the cookies while adding additional nutrients. With these substitutions, the calorie content of the recipe can be significantly reduced without compromising the taste or texture of the cookies.
What to serve with a oolong tea cookie?
There are many delicious and complementary options to serve with oolong tea cookies. For a light and refreshing pairing, consider fresh fruit such as sliced strawberries or a fruit salad. Alternatively, a creamy and decadent option could be a cheese platter featuring mild cheeses such as brie or gouda. A warm and comforting option could be a bowl of oatmeal or a warm bowl of soup. Lastly, for those with a sweet tooth, a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of chocolate sauce could perfectly complement the flavors of the oolong tea cookies.
Whats the best sauce for a oolong tea cookie?
The best sauce for an oolong tea cookie would be a simple honey glaze. The delicate flavor of oolong tea would be complemented nicely by the sweetness of honey, and the glaze would add a little extra moisture and texture to the cookie. To make the glaze, simply heat equal parts honey and water in a small saucepan until the honey is melted and the mixture is smooth. Brush the glaze over the cookies while they are still warm from the oven, and let them cool completely before serving. Enjoy the delicious combination of oolong tea and honey in every bite!
Oolong tea cookie health benefits
Oolong tea contains high levels of antioxidants that are believed to help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and some forms of cancer. However, the health benefits of oolong tea cookies may be limited as they may contain added sugars and fats. To make a healthier recipe, I would recommend making oatmeal cookies with a moderate amount of natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup. Oatmeal provides a good amount of fiber and nutrients, while natural sweeteners offer a lower glycemic index compared to processed sugars. Additionally, you can add some nuts or seeds like almonds or chia seeds to boost the nutritional content of the cookies.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!