Welcome to Quality Chai – the ultimate destination for delicious and easy-to-follow recipes. If you’re in the mood for a refreshing and satisfying dessert, you’re in luck! Today we’re sharing a recipe for a soft and spongy mint cake that’s perfect for any occasion. This quick and simple recipe will leave you with a mouth-watering cake that’s bursting with fresh mint flavor. So, let’s get started and whip up a delectable mint cake that everyone is sure to love! We’ve made this mint cake recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Stir in the vanilla extract.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
6. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, alternating with the milk, and mix until just combined.
7. Stir in the peppermint extract and green food coloring (if using).
8. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared pans.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
10. Let the cakes cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then turn them out onto wire racks to cool completely.
11. Frost and assemble the cake with your favorite frosting (cream cheese frosting or buttercream are good choices) and garnish with fresh mint leaves, if desired.
How long does mint cake last in the fridge?
Mint cake can be stored in the fridge after cooking for 3-4 days. To store it, allow the cake to cool completely before wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Place it in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. This will keep it fresh and prevent it from drying out. If you want to store the cake for longer, freeze it for up to 2 months. To thaw the cake, unwrap it and let it sit at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
Low calorie mint cake recipe substitutions
To make this mint cake recipe lower in calories, you could make a few substitutions. Firstly, reduce the amount of sugar or use a sugar substitute such as Stevia or a sugar-free syrup. Using low-fat milk instead of whole milk also helps to lower the calorie content. Additionally, replacing some or all of the butter with unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana is another way to reduce the calorie content. Finally, you could use a light whipped cream or a low-fat frosting alternative instead of typical frosting which helps to cut back on calories without sacrificing taste. With these substitutions, you can still enjoy the delicious and refreshing flavor of mint cake while keeping it light and healthy.
What to serve with a mint cake?
Mint cake is a refreshing and light dessert that pairs perfectly with a variety of accompaniments. For a simple option, serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. If you want to add a more complex flavor profile, consider serving it with a fruit compote or a chocolate sauce. For a more savory twist, pair it with a cheese plate that includes sharp cheeses like cheddar or blue cheese. And for a beverage, a cup of peppermint tea or a glass of sparkling cider would make a delightful addition to the meal.
Whats the best sauce for a mint cake?
Mint cake is a delicious dessert loved by many dessert enthusiasts and is ideally served with a vanilla ice cream scoop to balance the sweetness. However, when it comes to sauces, the best option for a mint cake would be a chocolate sauce. Chocolate and mint are a match made in heaven, and the rich, creamy chocolate is an excellent complement to the fresh, clean flavor of mint. A chocolate sauce will not only add a deliciously rich and smooth texture to your mint cake but also provide an indulgent flavor profile that you will love. So next time you make a mint cake, don’t forget to top it with a delectable chocolate sauce and enjoy!
Mint cake health benefits
Mint cake is a sweet dessert made with sugar, butter, flour and mint flavoring. While it is delicious and satisfying to eat, it does not provide any significant health benefits. In fact, it contains high amounts of sugar and butter which can lead to weight gain and other health issues when consumed in excess. As a healthier alternative, you may consider making a fruit salad or a smoothie bowl with a variety of fruits such as berries, bananas, and mangoes. This recipe is packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber which are essential for maintaining good health.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!