Hello, fellow foodies! Are you looking for a new bread recipe that is both unique in flavor and easy to make? Look no further than keemun bread! This bread is infused with the exquisite taste of Keemun tea, creating a one-of-a-kind flavor experience. Whether you are a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe will surely impress. So, let’s get started on this delicious adventure together! We’ve made this keemun bread recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons keemun tea, ground
- Begin by mixing together flour, active dry yeast, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, hot water, melted butter, beaten eggs, and ground keemun tea.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix everything together until a shaggy dough forms.
- Dust some flour onto a board and turn the dough out onto it. Knead for about 10 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic. Shape it into a ball and put it into a greased bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel and leave it in a warm place for an hour. This lets it rise and double in size.
- Punch the dough down and shape it into a loaf. Grease the loaf pan and add the dough into it. Cover it with the damp towel and let it sit for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) while you’re waiting. Bake the bread for 30-40 minutes, or until the middle reaches 190 degrees F (88 degrees C).
- Take the bread out of the oven and give it 5 minutes to cool in the pan. Finally, take the bread out of the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack before you slice it into pieces and serve it.
How long does keemun bread last in the fridge?
Keemun bread is a type of Chinese steamed bread that is commonly enjoyed as a breakfast food. After cooking, it can be stored in the fridge for up to three to four days if wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container. It is important to store it properly to prevent it from drying out or becoming stale. Before consuming, it can be reheated in the microwave or steamed for a few minutes to refresh and soften it. It is not recommended to store Keemun bread in the freezer as it won’t retain its original texture and flavor once thawed.
Low calorie keemun bread recipe substitutions
To make this keemun bread recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that could be made. First, sugar could be reduced or substituted with a low-calorie sweetener like Stevia or Erythritol. Second, butter could be replaced with a low-calorie spread or unsweetened applesauce. Third, all-purpose flour could be substituted with whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend. Finally, the amount of eggs could be reduced, and the milk could be substituted with a low-fat or plant-based milk. Additionally, one could reduce the portion size of each slice to further decrease the calories per serving.
What to serve with a keemun bread?
Keemun bread is a Chinese style bread made with a base of Keemun black tea. It has a slightly sweet and nutty flavor that pairs well with a variety of dishes. To complement the unique taste of the bread and amplify the flavor, it is best served with savory dishes like stir-fry, grilled meats, or stews. It also pairs well with sweet spreads like honey, jam, or nut butters. For a healthy and filling meal, you can serve it along with a bowl of soup or salad. In short, keemun bread can be paired with a range of dishes to enhance its taste and make a delicious meal.
Whats the best sauce for a keemun bread?
Keemun bread is a type of Chinese-style bread that is traditionally made with black tea leaves. A great sauce to pair with this bread is a sweet and savory soy sauce glaze. To make the sauce, mix soy sauce with honey, rice vinegar, and a bit of sesame oil. Heat the mixture on low heat until it thickens. Brush the sauce onto the freshly baked keemun bread and serve warm. The combination of the rich flavors and aromas of the tea and the savory sweetness of the sauce will create a delicious and unique taste experience.
Keemun bread health benefits
There is no one definitive answer to this question as it depends on the specific ingredients used in the recipe for keemun bread. However, keemun tea is known for its high levels of antioxidants which may help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer. Additionally, whole grain flours used in the bread can provide fiber and essential nutrients. If looking for a healthier recipe, perhaps consider making a whole grain bread with added seeds and/or nuts for an extra boost of nutrition.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!