Hello there, welcome to Quality Chai! If you’re looking for a unique dessert recipe that will impress your guests, look no further than this delicious longjing cake. Made with aromatic dragonwell tea leaves and other high-quality ingredients, this cake is sure to be a hit with tea lovers and dessert enthusiasts alike. Follow along with our step-by-step instructions to create a beautiful, flavorful, and unforgettable dessert. Let’s get started! We’ve made this longjing cake recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons Longjing tea leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and the granulated sugar until they are light and fluffy.
- Beat in each of the egg yolks, one at a time, and ensure that you mix the ingredients well after each addition.
- Add in your Longjing tea leaves to the mixture and stir until everything is well combined.
- Sift your all-purpose flour and salt together in another bowl. Then, gradually add the mixture to your butter mixture. Ensure that you mix everything till they are combined correctly.
- Roll your dough into small balls, and press them down slightly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes until you notice that the edges of your cake are golden brown.
- Take out of the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Your Longjing cake is now ready to serve and enjoy!
How long does longjing cake last in the fridge?
Longjing cake, also known as Dragonwell tea cake, is a traditional Chinese pastry made with Longjing tea leaves, sugar, flour, and eggs. Generally, it can be stored in the refrigerator after cooking for up to 1 week if properly stored in an airtight container. However, it is important to note that the texture and flavor of the cake may change after being refrigerated for an extended period of time. To ensure the best taste and quality, it is recommended to consume the Longjing cake within 2-3 days of baking.
Low calorie longjing cake recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower calorie, substitutions can be made for the butter, sugar, and all-purpose flour. The butter can be replaced with unsweetened applesauce, which will lower the fat content and calories. Granulated sugar can be replaced with a sweetener such as Stevia or Splenda. All-purpose flour can be replaced with almond flour or a combination of whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour. Additionally, the amount of eggs can be reduced, and low-fat milk can be used to mix the dough. These substitutions will make the recipe lower in calories but still maintain its flavor and texture.
What to serve with a longjing cake?
Longjing cake is a tea-infused cake, so serving it with a cup of hot tea would be an excellent pairing. Green tea or oolong tea would complement the flavors of the Longjing cake nicely. Alternatively, you could serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a creamy and sweet balance. Fresh berries, such as strawberries or raspberries, would also make a refreshing accompaniment to the cake.
Whats the best sauce for a longjing cake?
As a helpful assistant and chef, I would recommend using a light and tangy sauce to complement the delicate flavor of the Longjing cake. One great option is a simple lemon and olive oil dressing, which can be made by whisking together fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Another tasty option is a balsamic vinaigrette, made with balsamic vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard. These dressings can be drizzled over the Longjing cake, or served on the side for dipping. Experiment with a few options to find the perfect sauce for your taste preferences. Enjoy!
Longjing cake health benefits
Longjing cake is a traditional Chinese dessert made with green tea leaves, sugar, and glutinous rice flour. While it may be a delicious treat, there are no significant health benefits of eating longjing cake. In fact, it is a high-calorie and high-sugar dessert that can contribute to weight gain and other health issues. If you’re looking for a healthier recipe, try making a fruit salad with a variety of colorful fresh fruits. This dish is low in calories, high in vitamins and minerals, and provides a lot of benefits for the body.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!