Welcome to Quality Chai, where we bring you the best of both worlds – tea and dessert. Today, we have an incredible recipe for you to try – keemun brownies. These brownies are rich, fudgy, and have a unique twist with the addition of keemun tea. So, put on your apron, brew a cup of keemun tea, and let’s get baking! We’ve made this keemun brownie recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
Here’s the HTML code for the ingredient list as an unordered list:“`
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Keemun tea, steeped in hot water and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
“` Note: This is just the HTML code for the ingredients, and should be used in conjunction with the full recipe to make the Keemun Brownie.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius), then grease an 8×8 inch baking pan with butter or cooking spray.2. In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup of flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until they are well combined.4. Add in 1/4 cup of Keemun tea that has been steeped in hot water and cooled to the mixing bowl, then whisk until the ingredients are well combined.5. Add in 2 eggs, one by one, while whisking well after each addition.6. Using a spatula, fold in the flour mixture and 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder until the ingredients are just combined.7. Fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.8. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.9. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownie comes out clean.10. Let the brownies cool in the baking pan for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy your Keemun Brownies!
How long does keemun brownie last in the fridge?
Keemun brownies can typically be stored in the fridge for up to 5-7 days after cooking, as long as they are properly stored in an airtight container to prevent moisture from accumulating and causing them to spoil. It is generally recommended to wrap the brownies tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing them in the container to provide an extra layer of protection against moisture and other contaminants. If you want to extend the shelf life of your keemun brownies even further, you can also freeze them for up to 2-3 months. Just make sure to thaw them in the fridge overnight before reheating and serving.
Low calorie keemun brownie recipe substitutions
To reduce the calorie count in this Keemun Brownie recipe, we can consider making the following substitutions without compromising the overall taste and texture of the brownie. Firstly, subbing half of the all-purpose flour with almond flour or coconut flour would increase fiber content and lower the carbohydrate count. Secondly, using a sugar substitute like stevia instead of granulated sugar may help reduce calories without affecting the taste. Thirdly, using a low-calorie plant-based butter instead of regular unsalted butter would help reduce calorie intake. Lastly, using dark chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate chips in the recipe would decrease sugar content and lower the overall calorie count in the brownie. These substitutions will make the Keemun Brownie a healthier version with fewer calories and more nutritional value.
What to serve with a keemun brownie?
Keemun brownies are rich, chocolatey treats that pair well with complementary flavors. To balance the intensity of the chocolate, consider serving them with a light and refreshing accompaniment such as vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. A dollop of raspberry or strawberry compote can add a fruitiness that enhances the chocolate. For a savory addition, consider serving the brownies with a sprinkle of sea salt or a side of nuts such as roasted almonds or hazelnuts. A cup of hot tea, particularly Keemun black tea, would also make for a great pairing with the brownies.
Whats the best sauce for a keemun brownie?
Keemun brownie is a rich and decadent dessert, and the best sauce to complement its flavor and texture is a velvety, smooth chocolate sauce. Made with high-quality dark chocolate, heavy cream, and a touch of butter, this sauce will enhance the chocolate notes in the brownie and add an indulgent touch of sweetness. To make the sauce, simply melt the chocolate in a double boiler, whisk in the cream and butter until smooth and shiny, and serve drizzled generously over the warm brownie. Top it off with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkle of sea salt for an extra dash of luxury.
Keemun brownie health benefits
There are no specific health benefits of eating keemun brownies as such, as they are primarily a sweet treat. However, if you enjoy the rich flavor of keemun tea, adding it to a brownie recipe could provide a unique and enjoyable taste experience. If you are looking for a healthier recipe, a good option could be oatmeal raisin cookies made with whole grain oats, raisins, and a small amount of natural sweetener such as honey or maple syrup. This recipe would provide fiber, vitamins, and minerals in addition to being a satisfying snack.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!