Welcome to Quality Chai! If you’re looking for a refreshing and exotic dessert recipe, you’re in the right place. Today, we’re sharing our mouth-watering jasmine ice cream recipe. Made with fresh cream, sugar, and the delicate fragrance of jasmine tea, this ice cream is the perfect balance of sweet and floral. Follow our step-by-step guide below to indulge in this delicious treat. We’ve made this jasmine ice cream recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup loose jasmine tea leaves
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of whole milk, 2/3 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add 1/4 cup of loose jasmine tea leaves to the saucepan. Stir occasionally and let steep for 20-30 minutes.
- Whisk 4 egg yolks together in a separate bowl until light and frothy.
- Once the tea has steeped, strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean saucepan. Discard the tea leaves.
- Add a ladle of the hot cream mixture to the egg yolks and whisk together. Continue adding the hot cream mixture one ladle at a time, whisking constantly, until all the hot cream mixture has been added to the egg yolks.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Scoop and serve!
How long does jasmine ice cream last in the fridge?
Jasmine ice cream can typically be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks after cooking. To ensure maximum freshness and longevity, it is important to keep the ice cream in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag that is well-sealed. If you’re not planning to eat the ice cream within two weeks, you can consider storing it in the freezer instead. This will allow it to stay fresh for up to two months. However, it’s important to note that the texture and quality of the ice cream may change slightly after being stored in the freezer for an extended period of time. When you’re ready to eat the ice cream, be sure to let it thaw at room temperature for a few minutes before serving to ensure it has the perfect texture and taste.
Low calorie jasmine ice cream recipe substitutions
To make this jasmine ice cream recipe lower calorie, some substitutions could be made. First, you could use low-fat milk instead of whole milk, since it has fewer calories and less fat. Second, instead of heavy cream, you could use evaporated milk or creamer to reduce the calorie content and fat. Third, you could use an artificial sweetener like Stevia or Splenda instead of granulated sugar which is also a source of calories. Lastly, you could use less egg yolks or replace them with egg substitute to lower the calorie count and fat content. These substitutes will help to reduce the calorie content of this recipe and make it more suitable for individuals who are trying to watch their calorie intake.
What to serve with a jasmine ice cream?
Jasmine ice cream has a delicate and floral flavor that pairs well with light and refreshing flavors. Consider serving it with fresh berries, such as raspberries or strawberries, or a drizzle of honey for a touch of sweetness. For a complementary crunch, try topping the ice cream with some crushed or chopped pistachios, which add a nutty flavor without overpowering the jasmine. Alternatively, a slice of light sponge cake or a crispy wafer can provide a satisfying texture to balance out the creamy ice cream. Overall, keep the accompaniments light to allow the jasmine flavor to shine.
Whats the best sauce for a jasmine ice cream?
Jasmine ice cream is light and delicate with a floral sweetness that pairs well with a sauce that is not too overpowering. A simple fruit-based sauce like raspberry or strawberry would complement the jasmine flavor while providing a contrasting tartness. Another option could be a honey or caramel sauce, which would add a rich sweetness without overpowering the jasmine. Finally, for a more exotic twist, a coconut milk-based sauce infused with a hint of cardamom or ginger would complement the floral notes in the ice cream. Ultimately, the best sauce for jasmine ice cream will depend on personal preference and the desired flavor profile.
Jasmine ice cream health benefits
Unfortunately, jasmine ice cream does not have any significant health benefits as it is a dessert and typically contains high amounts of sugar, fat, and calories. However, there are ways to make healthier ice cream options at home using natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, or fruit, and using low-fat milk or plant-based milk alternatives. For a healthier twist, I would recommend making a fruit sorbet with fresh or frozen berries, which are high in antioxidants and vitamins, and sweetened with honey or maple syrup. This recipe can be dairy-free and vegan-friendly, making it a satisfying and healthy alternative to traditional ice cream.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!