Welcome to Quality Chai! Do you feel like treating yourself to a delicious and delicate dessert? Look no further than our jasmine cake recipe. This cake is infused with the fragrant and soothing flavors of jasmine tea, making it a perfect choice for tea lovers and dessert enthusiasts alike. Follow our simple steps and enjoy a piece of cake that will transport you to a realm of sweetness and relaxation. Let’s get baking! We’ve made this jasmine cake recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup jasmine tea leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8-inch cake pan.2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.5. In a small saucepan, heat the milk and jasmine tea leaves over low heat until the milk begins to steam. Remove from heat and let steep for 3-5 minutes.6. Strain the milk into a bowl and let cool slightly.7. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with the jasmine milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix each addition until just combined.8. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.9. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
How long does jasmine cake last in the fridge?
Jasmine cake can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to let the cake cool completely before storing it in an airtight container or covering it with plastic wrap. Before serving it, you may want to let it come to room temperature to enhance the flavor and texture. If you plan to store the cake for longer than 4 days, it is recommended to freeze it instead. To freeze jasmine cake, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn, and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Low calorie jasmine cake recipe substitutions
Here are some substitutions that could make this jasmine cake recipe lower in calories:- Replace the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend to reduce the calorie count and add more fiber.- Substitute unsweetened applesauce for half of the butter to decrease the fat content.- Use a sugar substitute like stevia or Splenda for half of the granulated sugar to reduce the calorie count without sacrificing sweetness.- Replace the whole milk with almond milk or skim milk to reduce the calorie count and fat content.- Reduce the quantity of jasmine tea leaves used to infuse the milk to decrease the bitterness and reduce the calorie count.Overall, making these substitutions can make the jasmine cake recipe lower in calories while still maintaining its unique flavor and texture.
What to serve with a jasmine cake?
Jasmine cake is a delicate and fragrant dessert that pairs well with light and refreshing accompaniments. A dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream will add a touch of creaminess to the dessert. Additionally, fresh fruits such as raspberries, sliced strawberries, or mango can provide a sweet contrast to the floral notes of jasmine cake. For a bit of crunch, sprinkle chopped pistachios or toasted coconut on top. A cup of tea, preferably jasmine tea, can also complement the dessert. Overall, keeping the accompaniments light and minimal will allow the subtle flavors of the jasmine cake to shine through.
Whats the best sauce for a jasmine cake?
Jasmine cake, with its delicate and unique flavor, pairs perfectly with a light and citrusy sauce. A simple mixture of fresh squeezed lemon juice, a bit of sugar, and a splash of water brings out the floral notes in the cake while balancing its sweetness. Alternatively, a fresh fruit puree, such as strawberry or raspberry, can add a lovely sweetness without overpowering the jasmine flavor. When serving jasmine cake, keep the sauce on the side and let your guests drizzle it over their slices to taste.
Jasmine cake health benefits
Unfortunately, jasmine cake does not have any significant health benefits as it is primarily made of refined flour, sugar, and butter. However, I can recommend a healthy and delicious recipe for you – quinoa salad with roasted vegetables and feta cheese. Quinoa is a protein-rich and gluten-free grain that is packed with essential nutrients like fiber, iron, and magnesium. Roasted vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, and sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber. Feta cheese adds a tangy flavor and is a good source of calcium and protein. Toss all these ingredients together with a light vinaigrette, and you have a nutritious and tasty salad that can be enjoyed as a side dish or a light meal.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!