Welcome to Quality Chai! Today, I’m excited to share with you a recipe for black tea bread that will fill your home with the warm and comforting aroma of freshly baked bread infused with the rich flavor of black tea. This recipe is easy to follow and requires only a few simple ingredients, yet it results in a deliciously satisfying loaf that’s perfect for breakfast or as a snack any time of day. So, let’s get started and make some delicious black tea bread together! We’ve made this black tea bread recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp loose black tea leaves
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease your 9-inch loaf pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray, then set it aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1/2 tsp of baking soda, and 1/2 tsp of salt. Set this aside.
- Take 2 tbsp of loose black tea leaves and steep them in 1/2 cup of hot water for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, strain the tea, then set it aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup of unsalted butter and 1 cup of sugar together until they’re light and fluffy.
- Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time, until they’re well blended.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient mixture while stirring. Mix everything together until they’re just combined, and be careful not to overmix.
- Add the cooled black tea, 1/2 cup of buttermilk, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract, stirring until they’re well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the tea bread cool in the loaf pan for 10-15 minutes. After the time has passed, remove the bread from the loaf pan and transfer it to a wire rack.
- Let the tea bread cool completely on the wire rack before serving.
How long does black tea bread last in the fridge?
Black tea bread can typically be stored in the fridge for up to one week after cooking. To maximize its shelf life, it is important to wrap the bread in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before storing it in the fridge. It is also recommended to keep the bread in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out and to maintain its freshness. If you have leftover bread that you cannot consume within a week, you may consider freezing it for longer-term storage. When freezing, wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Low calorie black tea bread recipe substitutions
To make this Black Tea Bread recipe lower in calorie, there are several substitutions that can be made. Firstly, instead of using unsalted butter which is high in calories and fat, one can substitute it with unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana in equal proportions. This will provide moisture to the bread while significantly reducing the calorie count. Secondly, using a low-calorie sweetener such as Stevia or monk fruit sweetener in place of sugar can greatly reduce the calories in the recipe. Thirdly, substituting the regular flour with whole wheat flour or almond flour can increase the fiber and lower the calorie count. Finally, reducing the quantity of buttermilk and using skim milk instead can also decrease the calorie content of the recipe. Overall, with these substitutions, one can create a delicious and healthier version of Black Tea Bread with significantly fewer calories.
What to serve with a black tea bread?
Black tea bread is a delicious treat that pairs well with a variety of options. For a simple and classic accompaniment, try lightly buttering a slice of the bread and enjoying it alongside a hot cup of tea. Alternatively, black tea bread is perfect for making sandwiches, especially with savory or salty fillings like smoked salmon, cream cheese, or cured meats. You can also serve it as a side with a soup or salad for a heartier meal. Whatever the occasion, black tea bread is a versatile and tasty addition to any spread.
Whats the best sauce for a black tea bread?
There are a few options for a sauce to pair with black tea bread, but one of the most popular and delicious choices is honey butter. Simply mix softened butter with honey until it reaches your desired sweetness level and then slather it on the warm tea bread. The rich, sweet flavor of the honey butter complements the slightly bitter notes of the tea bread, resulting in a perfect balance of flavors. Another option would be a cream cheese and jam spread, or even a spiced fruit compote depending on your preferences. The key is to choose a sauce that adds a touch of sweetness and richness without overpowering the unique flavor of the black tea bread itself.
Black tea bread health benefits
Black tea bread can have potential health benefits as it contains antioxidants from the black tea used in the recipe. These antioxidants help to protect the body from damage caused by free radicals, which can reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Additionally, black tea has been shown to improve brain function and cardiovascular health, it can also lower blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of stroke. However, the health benefits of black tea bread are also dependent on the other ingredients used and the method of preparation. To achieve a healthier option, a recipe that includes whole wheat flour, natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup, and healthy fats like nuts or seeds could be recommended. This recipe can offer a variety of nutrients, such as fiber, protein, healthy fats, and vitamins.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!