Welcome to Quality Chai, where we bring you the best recipes to awaken your taste buds. Today, we have an amazing recipe just for you – Jasmine Bread that’s perfect with a cup of freshly brewed chai. Made with aromatic jasmine tea, this bread is rich in flavor and has a fluffy texture that will leave you wanting more. Follow these simple instructions and become the talk of the town with this unique bread recipe! We’ve made this jasmine bread recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup jasmine tea, brewed strong and cool to room temperature
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- First whisk together in a large bowl 3 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, 1 package of instant dry yeast, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Combine in a separate bowl 1/2 cup of strong and cooled jasmine tea, 1/3 cup of milk, 4 tablespoons of melted and cooled unsalted butter, and 1 room temperature egg. Mix well and pour into the flour mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir the ingredients together until a dough forms.
- Move the dough onto a floured surface and knead it for 5-10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a clean towel, and let it rest in a warm place for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- After 1 hour, punch down the dough and shape it into a loaf. Place the dough in a greased loaf pan and let it rise for another 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once baked, remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Then, transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and enjoying!
How long does jasmine bread last in the fridge?
Jasmine bread is a type of Vietnamese bread that is made with jasmine rice flour. After baking, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To keep the bread fresh for longer, tightly wrap it in aluminum foil or plastic wrap before storing it. You can also freeze the bread for up to 3 months if you don’t plan on eating it right away. To thaw frozen jasmine bread, let it sit at room temperature for a few hours or microwave it briefly until it is warmed through. Just keep in mind that freezing bread can affect its texture and freshness, so it’s best to consume it as soon as possible after thawing.
Low calorie jasmine bread recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower calorie, a few substitutions can be made. Firstly, replacing the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour can increase the fiber content and reduce the calorie count. Using a non-caloric sweetener such as Stevia instead of granulated sugar can also cut down on calories. Using almond milk instead of whole milk will reduce the calorie count and fat content. Instead of using butter, a non-stick cooking spray can be used to grease the loaf pan or substituting with unsweetened applesauce will further reduce calorie and fat content. Additionally, replacing the egg with a plant-based substitute like a flax or chia egg can further reduce the calorie and cholesterol content. Making these substitutions can make for a lower calorie, healthier version of this tasty Jasmine Bread recipe.
What to serve with a jasmine bread?
Jasmine bread is a versatile bread that can be served with a wide range of dishes. It has a fragrant, slightly sweet aroma that pairs well with both sweet and savory flavors. For a savory meal, try serving jasmine bread with some grilled or roasted meats, vegetables, or cheese. It can also be used as a base for sandwiches, bruschetta or crostini. For a sweet option, toast the sesame seeds and coconut flakes and use it for some toasted coconut butter or honey cream cheese topping. Additionally, it can complement a wide range of spreads, jams, or curries.
Whats the best sauce for a jasmine bread?
When it comes to choosing the best sauce for jasmine bread, there are a few options to consider. The delicate flavor and light texture of jasmine bread pairs well with sauces that are not overpowering, such as a simple garlic butter or olive oil dip with herbs like oregano or thyme. Alternatively, a light tomato-based sauce with fresh basil and garlic could also complement the sweet fragrance of the jasmine bread. Overall, the key is to choose a sauce that enhances the natural flavor of the bread without overwhelming it.
Jasmine bread health benefits
Unfortunately, there are no specific health benefits of eating jasmine bread as there are no added nutrients or ingredients that provide significant health benefits. However, if you are looking for a healthier bread recipe, I would recommend trying a whole grain bread recipe. Whole grains are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals which can help improve digestion, boost heart health, and enhance weight management. Additionally, whole grain bread can help regulate blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!