Greetings, fellow dessert enthusiasts! Are you ready to savor a delightful and unique cake flavor? Look no further because the hojicha cake is here to wow your taste buds. Quality Chai brings you this exquisite recipe, combining the nutty aroma of roasted Japanese tea leaves and the delicate sweetness of a soft and fluffy cake. This dessert is not only a treat for your palate, but also a feast for your eyes with its rich caramel hue. Let’s dive into the recipe and indulge ourselves in the wonderful world of hojicha cake! We’ve made this hojicha cake recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
Here is the HTML code for the unordered list of the ingredients in the hojicha cake recipe:“`
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons hojicha tea leaves, ground
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, for dusting
“` I hope this helps!
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 8-inch (20cm) round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, making sure to fully incorporate each egg before adding the next one.4. In a small saucepan, heat up the milk and ground hojicha tea leaves over medium heat until steaming and fragrant, about 5-7 minutes. Do not boil. Strain the milk mixture and let cool for a few minutes.5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three additions, alternating with the hojicha milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.7. Sift powdered sugar over the top of the cake before serving. Enjoy!
How long does hojicha cake last in the fridge?
Typically, a hojicha cake can be stored in the fridge for up to 4-5 days after cooking. However, it’s important to ensure that the cake is stored in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out or absorbing any unwanted smells from the refrigerator. If you plan on storing the cake for longer than 5 days, it’s recommended to freeze it instead. Additionally, before serving the cake, it’s best to take it out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature for about 15-20 minutes to enhance the flavor and texture.
Low calorie hojicha cake recipe substitutions
To make this hojicha cake recipe lower in calories, you can make some substitutions. Instead of all-purpose flour, you can use almond flour or coconut flour which have fewer calories. Using a sugar substitute such as stevia or erythritol in place of granulated sugar would also reduce the calorie content. You can substitute low-fat milk or almond milk for whole milk to further reduce calories. Instead of unsalted butter, you can use unsweetened applesauce or mashed bananas as a fat substitute. Using these substitutions should lower the calorie count of the hojicha cake without compromising on taste. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor of the cake may differ slightly from the original recipe.
What to serve with a hojicha cake?
There are several options for serving with hojicha cake that complement its unique flavor. One option is to serve it with a scoop of vanilla or green tea ice cream. The creaminess of the ice cream pairs well with the subtle smokiness of the hojicha cake. Another option is to serve it with fresh berries such as strawberries or raspberries. The tartness of the berries provides a nice contrast to the sweetness of the cake. Additionally, a cup of green tea or coffee would pair nicely with the cake. Overall, the key is to choose something that complements the flavors of the cake without overpowering it.
Whats the best sauce for a hojicha cake?
The best sauce for hojicha cake is a creamy and slightly sweet sauce, such as a vanilla or caramel sauce. The nutty and smoky flavor of hojicha pairs well with the sweetness of the sauce, creating the perfect balance of flavors. A drizzle of the sauce on top of the cake before serving can elevate the overall taste and presentation of the dessert. Alternatively, a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream can also make for a delicious accompaniment to the hojicha cake.
Hojicha cake health benefits
Hojicha cake is a unique dessert made from roasted green tea leaves. It is a delicious treat perfect for tea lovers. While there may be some antioxidants present in the green tea leaves used in the recipe, there are no specific health benefits of eating hojicha cake. However, if you are looking for a healthier dessert option, you might try making a fruit salad or a smoothie bowl using fresh fruits like berries, bananas, and kiwis topped with nuts or seeds. These options are low in calories, high in fiber and packed with essential vitamins and minerals, making them a healthier choice for satisfying your sweet tooth.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!