Welcome to Quality Chai! Are you craving a cold, creamy dessert that’s both soothing and refreshing? Look no further than our recipe for hojicha ice cream. This unique Japanese green tea has a toasty, nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with the rich, velvety smoothness of homemade ice cream. Whether you’re an avid tea drinker or just looking to try something new, our hojicha ice cream is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and delight your taste buds. So grab your ice cream maker and let’s get started! We’ve made this hojicha ice cream recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup hojicha tea leaves
- pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of whole milk, 1/2 cup of sugar, 4 egg yolks, 1/4 cup of hojicha tea leaves and a pinch of salt.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and heat the mixture until it is steaming.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 4 egg yolks until light and frothy.
- Gradually pour the hot mixture into the bowl with the egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and heat over medium-low heat.
- While heating the mixture, continuously stir it with a spatula until it coats the back of the spatula and reaches 170°F.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean container.
- Cool the mixture to room temperature.
- Refrigerate the mixture until thoroughly chilled.
- Churn the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long does hojicha ice cream last in the fridge?
Hojicha ice cream can typically be stored in the fridge for up to 1-2 weeks after it has been cooked and prepared. However, storage time can vary depending on the specific recipe used and the storage conditions (e.g. temperature, humidity). Generally, it is important to keep the ice cream in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn and to ensure that it maintains its flavor and texture. It is also recommended to label the container with the date it was made to help keep track of when it should be consumed. It is best to follow proper food storage and safety guidelines to ensure that the hojicha ice cream stays fresh and safe to eat.
Low calorie hojicha ice cream recipe substitutions
To make this hojicha ice cream recipe lower in calories, a few substitutions can be made:1. Use low-fat milk instead of whole milk.2. Replace some or all of the heavy cream with Greek yogurt or coconut cream.3. Use a low-calorie sweetener such as stevia or erythritol instead of sugar.4. Use fewer egg yolks or replace them with a lower-calorie thickener such as xanthan gum or cornstarch.5. Use less hojicha tea leaves to reduce the overall calorie content.While these substitutions may alter the texture and flavor of the ice cream, they can help make it a healthier treat.
What to serve with a hojicha ice cream?
Hojicha ice cream is a delicious dessert with a unique nutty flavor. To complement the flavor, you can serve it with caramelized nuts or toasted sesame seeds. You can also pair it with a warm slice of honey roasted sweet potato or a crunchy biscuit for some texture contrast. For those who love a little bit of a kick, a sprinkle of chili powder or a drizzle of spicy chocolate sauce can add a nice touch. Alternatively, you can serve it with a hot cup of green tea to balance out the sweetness and bring out the tea flavor. Whatever you choose, hojicha ice cream is a versatile dessert that is sure to please.
Whats the best sauce for a hojicha ice cream?
For Hojicha ice cream, the best sauce to serve it with is a sweet and creamy caramel sauce. The deep and nutty flavor of Hojicha pairs perfectly with the rich and buttery taste of caramel. Drizzle the sauce over the top of the ice cream as a garnish or serve it on the side for dipping. This combination will add a delicious depth and texture to your dessert, making it a treat to remember.
Hojicha ice cream health benefits
Hojicha ice cream is a delicious and unique ice cream flavor that is made from roasted green tea leaves. Although it does not have any specific health benefits, green tea in general is known to be high in antioxidants and has been associated with a lower risk of heart disease, cancer, and other illnesses. However, if you are looking for a healthier ice cream option, you might consider making your own homemade fruit sorbet using fresh berries, which are packed full of antioxidants and vitamins. Simply blend your favorite berries with a little bit of sugar and lemon juice, freeze, and enjoy!
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!