Welcome to Quality Chai, where we take pride in providing the finest tea and baked goods for your enjoyment. Today, we’re excited to share our recipe for a classic English Breakfast Tea Cake. This delicious cake is perfect for any occasion and pairs perfectly with a hot cup of our traditional English Breakfast tea. Follow along as we guide you through the simple steps to create a beautifully moist and flavorful cake that will impress your friends and family. Let’s get started! We’ve made this english breakfast tea cake recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup English Breakfast tea, cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare a 9-inch cake pan by greasing and flouring it.2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Set aside.3. In a large mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup of unsalted butter with 1 cup of granulated sugar until light and fluffy, which should take around 3-5 minutes.4. Add 2 large eggs to the mixture one at a time, mixing well after each addition.5. Stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.6. In a separate small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of cooled English Breakfast tea with 1/2 cup of milk and 1/4 cup of honey.7. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in three batches, alternating with the tea mixture in two batches, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.8. Mix the batter until it is just combined.9. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.10. Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.11. After removing the cake from the oven, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely. 12. Serve and enjoy your English Breakfast tea cake with a cup of tea!
How long does english breakfast tea cake last in the fridge?
English breakfast tea cake can typically be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to make sure the cake has completely cooled down before storing it in the fridge to prevent condensation from forming inside and making the cake soggy. To store the cake, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container. It is also recommended to slice the cake before storing it for easier portioning and serving later on. Finally, before serving the refrigerated cake, bring it out and let it come to room temperature for about 30 minutes to an hour to help restore its texture and flavor.
Low calorie english breakfast tea cake recipe substitutions
To make this English breakfast tea cake lower in calories, you could substitute some of the high-calorie ingredients with lower-calorie alternatives. For example, you could use light margarine instead of unsalted butter, replace some of the granulated sugar with stevia or another low-calorie sweetener, and use fat-free milk instead of whole milk. You could also reduce the amount of honey used in the recipe, or omit it altogether and rely on the sweetness from the other ingredients. Finally, you could consider reducing the size of the servings you consume to further reduce overall calorie intake. Keep in mind that these substitutions may alter the taste and texture of the finished cake, so be sure to experiment and adjust as needed.
What to serve with a english breakfast tea cake?
There are several options for what to serve with an English breakfast tea cake. One classic choice is to simply spread butter or clotted cream on top of the warm cake. Another option is to serve it with a side of fresh fruit, such as strawberries or sliced peaches. Alternatively, you could serve the cake with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. For a more savory option, try serving the cake with a small slice of sharp cheddar or other hard cheese. Finally, some tea drinkers enjoy pairing their tea cake with a cup of hot tea, such as English breakfast or Earl Grey. Ultimately, the choice depends on personal preference and the occasion.
Whats the best sauce for a english breakfast tea cake?
There are different types of sauces that can be paired with English breakfast tea cake depending on personal preference. However, one of the most popular and traditional options is the classic vanilla sauce. To make this sauce, you will need milk, cream, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Combine the milk, cream, sugar, and salt in a saucepan and heat until it starts to simmer. Then, mix the cornstarch with a little bit of water and add it to the pan while stirring continuously. Add the vanilla extract and cook until the sauce thickens. Once done, pour the sauce over the warm tea cake and enjoy the perfect combination of flavors.
English breakfast tea cake health benefits
It’s difficult to provide any health benefits of eating an English breakfast tea cake, as it is typically made with ingredients such as sugar, butter, and white flour which are high in calories and low in nutrients. A healthier alternative would be to make a whole grain banana bread using whole wheat flour, mashed bananas, and minimal added sugar. Whole wheat flour is higher in fiber and nutrients than white flour, while bananas provide natural sweetness and are rich in potassium and vitamin C. This recipe swap would offer more nutritional benefits while still satisfying the desire for a sweet breakfast treat.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!