Hello and welcome to Quality Chai! Today, we’re excited to share with you a recipe for chamomile bread. With its subtle floral notes and fluffy texture, this bread is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a delicious snack any time of day. So grab your ingredients, preheat your oven, and let’s get baking! We’ve made this chamomile bread recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
Here is the HTML unordered list for the ingredients in the chamomile bread recipe:“`
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 packet dry active yeast
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chamomile flowers
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Start by mixing 1 1/2 cups of warm water with a packet of dry active yeast and 1/4 cup of honey in a small bowl. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until the yeast has properly activated.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine 3 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup of chamomile flowers, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Add the yeast mixture you made earlier and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the dry ingredients. Make sure everything is combined properly.
- Move the dough onto a floured surface and knead it for around 5-7 minutes until it becomes elastic and smooth.
- Move the dough back to the mixing bowl and apply a damp towel to it as you leave it for 1 hour to let it rise in a warm place.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Shape the dough into a ball or loaf and then place it on a greased baking sheet or in a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for around 30-35 minutes or until the bread is a golden brown color. You can check if it’s ready by tapping on the bottom and seeing if it sounds hollow.
- Let the bread cool down for 10 minutes before serving it.
How long does chamomile bread last in the fridge?
Chamomile bread can typically be stored in the fridge for up to 5-7 days after cooking. It is important to properly wrap the bread in plastic or store in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out. If you want to extend the shelf life of chamomile bread, it can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Be sure to let the bread cool completely before wrapping and storing, and when reheating, use a low temperature oven or toaster to prevent it from becoming too dry.
Low calorie chamomile bread recipe substitutions
To make this chamomile bread recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. Firstly, using whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour can increase the fiber content and make the bread lower in calories. Secondly, replacing honey with a low-calorie sweetener such as stevia or monk fruit sweetener can decrease the calories in the recipe. Thirdly, reducing the amount of olive oil or replacing it with a low-calorie olive oil spray can also reduce the calories. Finally, reducing the amount of chamomile flowers used in the recipe or using chamomile extract instead can also make the bread lower in calories. Making these substitutions can help reduce the calorie content of this chamomile bread recipe while still producing a delicious and healthy bread.
What to serve with a chamomile bread?
Chamomile bread is a delicious treat that goes well with a variety of foods. For a breakfast dish, serve the bread toasted and topped with honey or butter. Alternatively, it can be paired with fresh fruit and yogurt for a light and refreshing snack. As a savory option, chamomile bread is perfect for making sandwiches, especially with roasted turkey, cream cheese, and cucumber slices. For a more exotic flavor, try serving it alongside a vegetable curry or stew. Regardless of how it’s served, chamomile bread is sure to be a hit at any meal.
Whats the best sauce for a chamomile bread?
Chamomile bread is a sweet and delicate bread that pairs well with light and simple sauces. A honey butter or a fruity jam would be excellent choices to enhance the flavor of the bread without overpowering it. Another option could be a simple cinnamon sugar glaze, which would complement the subtle chamomile flavor and add a touch of sweetness. Ultimately, the goal is to choose a sauce that complements the bread’s light and sweet taste, without overwhelming the delicate chamomile flavor.
Chamomile bread health benefits
There is evidence to suggest that chamomile may have some health benefits, such as reducing inflammation, improving sleep, and reducing anxiety. However, there is not enough research on the health benefits of eating chamomile bread specifically. If you are looking for a healthier recipe, I would recommend making whole wheat bread. Whole wheat bread is high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and has been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!