Welcome to Quality Chai! Today, I am excited to share with you a recipe for Darjeeling Cake. If you’re a fan of the rich and soothing flavor of Darjeeling tea, then you will surely enjoy this dessert. With its delicate aroma and perfect sweetness, this cake is a great addition to any afternoon tea or delightful treat for any occasion. So let’s get started and savor the delicious taste of this unique cake recipe together! We’ve made this darjeeling cake recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Darjeeling tea leaves, ground into a fine powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup of Darjeeling tea leaves (ground into a fine powder), a 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature) and 1 cup of granulated sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add 2 eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Now, add in a 1/2 cup of whole milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and beat until everything is combined well.
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour mixture) into the wet mixture (butter mixture) and fold gently until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and use your spatula to smooth the top of the batter evenly across the pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it rest in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy your homemade Darjeeling cake!
How long does darjeeling cake last in the fridge?
Darjeeling cake can typically be stored in a refrigerator for up to 5-7 days after it has been cooked. However, to ensure the cake stays fresh, it is important to wrap it in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container before placing it in the fridge. Additionally, it is recommended to cut the cake into slices and store them individually, to make it easier to take out just what is needed and reduce exposure to air. Before serving, allow the cake to come to room temperature to ensure the best taste and texture.
Low calorie darjeeling cake recipe substitutions
To make this Darjeeling cake recipe lower in calories, there are a few ingredient substitutions that can be made. One option could be to use a low-calorie sweetener instead of granulated sugar, such as stevia or monk fruit sweetener. Additionally, substituting unsweetened almond milk or skim milk for whole milk can save calories while still maintaining the moistness of the cake. Another option could be to use applesauce or mashed bananas as a replacement for some of the butter in the recipe. Lastly, instead of using all-purpose flour, replacing half of it with whole wheat flour or almond flour can also cut back on calories while adding a healthy twist to the cake. These substitutions could all lead to a healthier, lower calorie version of the Darjeeling cake recipe without sacrificing too much flavor.
What to serve with a darjeeling cake?
Darjeeling cake is a light and delicate cake with a distinct floral and nutty flavor, making it perfect for pairing with simple and complementary side dishes. To balance out the sweetness of the cake, fresh berries such as raspberries, blueberries or sliced strawberries would make an excellent accompaniment. Alternatively, a dollop of lightly whipped cream would add a creamy contrast to the cake’s texture. Darjeeling tea is a classic pairing that would also work well with the cake, not only due to its similar flavor profile but also as a way to balance out the sweetness of the dessert.
Whats the best sauce for a darjeeling cake?
The best sauce for Darjeeling cake would be a combination of fresh cream and honey. This would enhance the flavor of the cake and complement its light and delicate texture. To achieve the perfect sauce, gently heat fresh cream in a saucepan and stir in honey until it dissolves. Allow it to cool at room temperature, then drizzle it over the cake just before serving. This sauce is versatile and goes well with other desserts too!
Darjeeling cake health benefits
Unfortunately, as a language model, I cannot confirm the existence of Darjeeling cake nor find any reliable sources that support the health benefits of consuming it. However, if you are looking for a healthier dessert option, I recommend trying a fruit salad made with seasonal, fresh fruits. This dessert is full of vitamins and minerals that can contribute to a healthy diet without compromising on taste. Additionally, you can add a dollop of Greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey to make it more wholesome and satisfying.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!