Welcome to Quality Chai! If you’re a fan of chai tea, then you’re going to love this delicious and aromatic chai bread recipe. This bread is a perfect combination of sweet, spicy, and floral notes that will surely satisfy your cravings. Not only does this recipe make your house smell amazing, but it’s also easy to make, and the end result is a golden and fluffy loaf of bread. So, let’s get started and make some chai bread! We’ve made this chai bread recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease two 9-inch (23cm) loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the following ingredients: 3 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamom, 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup of unsalted butter and 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add 4 eggs, one at a time, to the butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in 1 cup of sour cream and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pans for 10 minutes before removing them and cooling completely on a wire rack.
How long does chai bread last in the fridge?
Chai bread, like other homemade bread, can be stored in the fridge for up to one week, provided it is stored in an airtight container. After cooking, it is essential to let the bread cool down completely before storing it. If the bread is not wrapped or stored in an airtight container, it can become stale or dry within a few days. It is recommended to wrap the bread in plastic wrap or beeswax wrap to keep it fresh for several days. Alternatively, the bread can also be frozen for up to three months, to be enjoyed later. To keep the bread fresh for a longer time, it is best to slice it before storing it in the fridge or freezer.
Low calorie chai bread recipe substitutions
To make this chai bread recipe lower in calorie, you could make a few substitutions. Firstly, you could replace the all-purpose flour with a lower calorie flour such as almond flour or coconut flour. This will also make the bread gluten-free. Secondly, you could reduce the amount of sugar by using a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol. Thirdly, you could use a low-fat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt instead of regular sour cream. Fourthly, you could reduce the amount of butter by replacing some of it with unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana. Lastly, you could reduce the serving size or make mini loaves instead of regular loaves to lower the calorie count.
What to serve with a chai bread?
Chai bread is a delicious and flavorful bread that goes well with a variety of toppings and spreads. For a sweet option, consider serving it with honey butter or a fruit jam. For a savory option, try topping it with cream cheese and smoked salmon, or using it as a base for a breakfast sandwich with egg, bacon, and avocado. You can also serve chai bread alongside a hearty soup or stew for a satisfying meal. Whatever your preferences, there are plenty of options for pairing with this tasty bread.
Whats the best sauce for a chai bread?
Chai bread is a delicious and aromatic bread with a wonderful blend of spices. The best sauce to accompany it would be a creamy vanilla glaze or a spiced honey butter. The vanilla glaze perfectly complements the warm and comforting flavors of the chai, while the spiced honey butter adds a nice touch of sweetness with a kick of warming spice. Either one of these sauces would be perfect for enhancing the flavors of the chai bread and making it even more delicious.
Chai bread health benefits
Chai bread is a flavorful and delicious bread, but it doesn’t necessarily have specific health benefits. However, there are ways to make the recipe healthier by using whole wheat flour or adding in ingredients like nuts or seeds for added fiber and protein. If you’re looking for a recipe with more clear health benefits, consider making a whole-grain banana bread with Greek yogurt for added protein, or a vegetable-packed quinoa and lentil loaf for a plant-based protein boost.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!