Welcome to the delicious world of Quality Chai! Today, we are excited to share with you our cherished recipe for Chai Cookies. Our blend of aromatic spices, black tea, and creamy butter is sure to delight your senses and warm your heart. These cookies are perfect for enjoying with a cup of your favorite chai tea, or as a sweet treat on their own. So roll up your sleeves and let’s get baking! We’ve made this chai cookie recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the unsalted butter and brown sugar together until they are light and fluffy. This process will take about 2 to 3 minutes of mixing in order to achieve the right consistency.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract once all the eggs have been beaten in.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, and black pepper until completely combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture alternately with milk. Make sure to begin and end with the dry ingredients. This will ensure that everything is mixed uniformly. Mix until well combined.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. This will give enough room for the cookies to spread while baking.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown. Keep checking the cookies after 12 minutes to prevent from over-baking.
- Cool the cookies for a few minutes on the baking sheets before removing them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long does chai cookie last in the fridge?
Chai cookies can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to a week, if properly stored in an airtight container or resealable plastic bags to prevent moisture and air from getting inside. It is important to allow the cookies to cool completely before storing them in the fridge to prevent condensation from forming and making the cookies soggy or sticky. If you want to keep the cookies for longer, you can also freeze them for up to three months in an airtight container or freezer bags. Before serving, thaw the cookies at room temperature for about an hour and then enjoy the delicious sweet and spicy flavor of the chai cookies.
Low calorie chai cookie recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower calorie, there are several substitutions that can be made. Firstly, instead of using unsalted butter, the recipe can be modified using reduced-fat butter or margarine to lower its calorie content. Additionally, brown sugar can be substituted with a calorie-free sweetener like Truvia or Splenda to reduce the recipe’s calorie content further. The recipe also calls for 2 1/2cups of all-purpose flour, which can be swapped out for a low-carb flour like almond flour to keep the carb count low. Lastly, instead of using whole milk, the recipe can be made with low-fat milk or almond milk to cut down on the calorie content. By making these substitutions while keeping the remaining ingredients the same, this recipe can be made into a healthier and lower calorie option.
What to serve with a chai cookie?
Chai cookies are a great snack or dessert that pair well with a variety of beverages, such as chai tea, coffee, or hot chocolate. For a more substantial pairing, you can serve the cookies with a scoop of vanilla or chai ice cream. Another option is to serve the cookies with a side of fresh fruit, such as sliced apples or pears, or a small cheese plate with mild cheeses like brie or camembert. Alternatively, for a healthier option, you can serve the cookies with a side of yogurt or nut butter for dipping.
Whats the best sauce for a chai cookie?
The best sauce for Chai cookies is a rich and creamy vanilla glaze. This glaze complements the warm and spiced flavors of chai cookies perfectly, adding a touch of sweetness to balance out the complex flavor profile. To make the vanilla glaze, simply mix together powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk until you achieve a smooth and pourable consistency. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cookies and let it set before serving. This easy-to-make glaze will take your chai cookies to the next level and make them even more delicious!
Chai cookie health benefits
Chai cookies can have potential health benefits depending on the ingredients used in the recipe. Chai spices, such as cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and cloves, are known to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help with digestion, boost immunity, and reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease and certain cancers. However, the healthfulness of the cookie ultimately depends on the overall ingredients and nutritional content of the recipe. If you are looking for a healthier recipe, you may want to explore options like oatmeal raisin cookies made without refined sugar or flour, or gluten-free almond flour cookies with dark chocolate chips. These options may be lower in calories, higher in fiber, and provide more nutritional benefits overall.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!