Welcome to Quality Chai, where we share the most delicious recipes from all around the world. Here we present to you a recipe for soft and chewy Ceylon cookies, perfect for those craving a warm and comforting treat. These cookies are infused with the unique flavors of Sri Lankan spices, making them a perfect pairing for our Quality Chai teas. Gather your ingredients and let’s get started on making these mouth-watering cookies! We’ve made this ceylon cookie recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened grated coconut
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Take two baking sheets and line them with parchment paper. This will prevent the cookies from sticking to the baking sheets.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add in 1 cup of softened unsalted butter followed by 1 cup of sugar. Cream both ingredients together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time, into the mixture in the bowl. Then add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and continue to beat the mixture together.
- Take another bowl and mix in 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt with a whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix them together until they are just combined.
- Now fold in 1/2 cup of unsweetened grated coconut, 1/4 cup of toasted slivered almonds, and 1/4 cup of raisins into the mixture.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon drop rounded balls of dough on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown.
- When done, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Once cooled, serve and enjoy!
How long does ceylon cookie last in the fridge?
Ceylon cookies can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks after cooking if kept in an airtight container. However, it is worth noting that the cookies may lose some of their crispness over time, so it is best to consume them as soon as possible for the best texture and flavor. Additionally, it is important to allow the cookies to cool completely before storing them in the fridge to prevent moisture from accumulating and making them soggy.
Low calorie ceylon cookie recipe substitutions
To make this Ceylon Cookie recipe lower in calories, some changes can be made. One substitution to make is using low-fat butter or healthy oil like coconut oil instead of the unsalted butter. Another option is to use a sugar substitute such as stevia or erythritol to reduce the sugar content. Instead of using all-purpose flour, you could try using a combination of almond flour and whole wheat flour to increase the fiber content and lower the carb count. You could also reduce the amount of nuts and dried fruit called for in the recipe to lessen the calorie density. Additionally, you could use unsweetened shredded coconut instead of grated coconut which has less sugar. By making these substitutions, you can create a lower calorie and healthier version of these delicious cookies.
What to serve with a ceylon cookie?
Ceylon cookies are a spiced and flavorful treat that pair well with a variety of beverages and snacks. One classic option for serving with Ceylon cookies is a hot cup of tea, which can help highlight the unique blend of flavors in the cookie. Other options include coffee, milk, or even a smoothie. For a more substantial pairing, try serving Ceylon cookies alongside fresh fruit, cheese, or nuts. The sweet and spicy flavor profile of the cookie also makes it a perfect complement to savory dishes, such as curries or stews. Overall, Ceylon cookies are versatile and can be enjoyed in many ways, making them a great choice for any occasion.
Whats the best sauce for a ceylon cookie?
Ceylon cookies are often enjoyed as a sweet and crunchy snack. While they are delicious on their own, you can elevate their flavors even further with the addition of a complementary sauce. The best sauce for Ceylon cookies is a simple cinnamon glaze made using powdered sugar, milk, and ground cinnamon. To make it, whisk together 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon of milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon until smooth. Adjust the consistency by adding more milk as needed. Drizzle the glaze over the cookies before serving for a sweet and spiced treat that is sure to impress.
Ceylon cookie health benefits
I’m sorry, but as an AI language model, I do not have access to specific information about a recipe called “ceylon cookie”. However, in general, cookies are typically high in sugar and butter, and therefore are not the healthiest snack option. If you’re looking for healthy snack ideas, some good alternatives to cookies may include fresh fruits, vegetables, or nuts. If you would like, please provide me with a different recipe to explore, and I can provide health information on that recipe.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!