Hello and welcome to Quality Chai! If you’re a fan of black tea and ice cream, you’re in for a treat with this recipe. Our black tea ice cream is a deliciously creamy and refreshing treat that’s perfect for warmer weather. Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s also incredibly easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. So, grab your apron and let’s get started! We’ve made this black tea ice cream recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
Here you go:
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of loose-leaf black tea
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Heat the heavy cream, whole milk, and sugar over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the loose-leaf black tea to the saucepan and let it steep for about 5 minutes. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the tea leaves.
- Whisk together the egg yolks in a separate bowl.
- Gradually pour the warm cream mixture into the bowl with the egg yolks, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from curdling.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat while stirring constantly until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. It will take about 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature before placing it in an ice cream maker and freezing according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container once done churning and freeze for at least 2-3 hours until it reaches a firmer texture.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Black Tea Ice Cream!
How long does black tea ice cream last in the fridge?
Black tea ice cream can be stored in the fridge after cooking for up to 1-2 weeks, provided that it is stored in an airtight container. It is important to ensure that the ice cream is fully cooled before storing it in the fridge. The longer the ice cream is stored, the more likely it is to develop ice crystals, which can affect the texture and quality. If the ice cream is stored for longer than 2 weeks, it may begin to separate and lose its creamy texture. It is recommended to consume black tea ice cream within a week of making it for the best texture and flavor.
Low calorie black tea ice cream recipe substitutions
To make this Black Tea Ice Cream recipe lower in calories, there are several ingredient substitutions that can be made. Firstly, replacing the heavy cream with a lower-fat alternative such as evaporated skim milk or Greek yogurt would reduce the calorie content significantly. Additionally, using a sugar substitute such as Stevia or Splenda in place of the granulated sugar would also lower the calorie count. Finally, using a smaller amount of egg yolks or substituting with egg whites would help to further decrease the calorie content and lower the fat content of the ice cream.
What to serve with a black tea ice cream?
Black tea ice cream is a unique and flavorful dessert that pairs well with a variety of complementary flavors and textures. Some great options to serve with black tea ice cream include shortbread cookies or biscotti for a crunchy element, honey or jam for added sweetness, or fresh fruit such as berries or sliced peaches for a refreshing contrast. For a more indulgent pairing, try drizzling melted chocolate or caramel sauce over the top. The possibilities are endless, so get creative and experiment with different combinations to find the perfect accompaniment to your delicious black tea ice cream.
Whats the best sauce for a black tea ice cream?
While black tea ice cream can be enjoyed on its own, it can be enhanced with a sauce that complements its earthy and slightly bitter flavor. One great option is to make a homemade dark chocolate sauce by melting high-quality dark chocolate with heavy cream and a touch of honey or maple syrup. Drizzle the sauce over the ice cream and garnish with chopped nuts like pistachios or hazelnuts for added crunch. The richness and sweetness of the chocolate will balance out the tea ice cream, creating a harmonious and delicious dessert.
Black tea ice cream health benefits
Black tea ice cream, in moderation, can offer certain health benefits. Black tea contains antioxidants called polyphenols that may help reduce the risk of heart disease, lower blood sugar levels, and improve brain function. Additionally, black tea can also improve oral health by reducing oral bacteria and preventing cavities.However, it’s important to note that black tea ice cream may also have a high sugar and calorie content, which can negatively impact one’s health if consumed excessively. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative, consider making a berry smoothie bowl with Greek yogurt, mixed berries, and a sprinkle of chia seeds. This recipe is low in calories, high in fiber, and packed with essential vitamins and antioxidants.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!