Welcome to Quality Chai! Today, we have a special treat for all the chocolate lovers out there: Mint Brownies. These brownies are the perfect combination of rich chocolate and refreshing mint, making them a delicious and satisfying treat for any occasion. Whether you’re looking to impress your friends at a party, satisfy your sweet tooth, or brighten up your day, this recipe is sure to do the trick. So, let’s get started and whip up some mouthwatering Mint Brownies! We’ve made this mint brownie recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
Here’s the ingredient list in HTML:“`
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- green food coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter and sugar then stir well.
3. Add flour, cocoa powder, and salt into the same bowl then mix until combined.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, into the mixture and then stir in vanilla and mint extract.
5. Pour the brownie batter into the greased baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
6. Allow the brownies to cool down in the baking dish.
7. In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream until it starts to simmer.
8. Remove the pan from the heat and add chocolate chips to the pan. Allow them to sit for a few minutes and then stir until completely melted.
9. Add some green food coloring to the chocolate ganache until it reaches the desired shade of green.
10. Pour the ganache over the cooled brownies and let them set for at least one hour before cutting and serving.
How long does mint brownie last in the fridge?
Mint brownies can be stored in the refrigerator after cooking for up to 1 week if properly stored. To maximize the shelf life of mint brownies, it’s important to tightly wrap them in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent air exposure, which can cause them to dry out and become stale. Additionally, the brownies should be placed in an airtight container to further protect them from moisture and other contaminants in the fridge. Before serving, bring the brownies to room temperature for about 30 minutes to ensure the best texture and flavor.
Low calorie mint brownie recipe substitutions
To make this recipe lower in calories, a number of substitutions could be made. For instance, the sugar could be substituted with a low calorie sweetener such as stevia or monk fruit extract. The butter could be swapped with a lower calorie alternative such as applesauce or mashed bananas, while the heavy cream in the ganache could be replaced with a lighter option like almond milk. Additionally, the amount of chocolate used could be reduced or substituted with cocoa powder. Finally, to add some additional nutritional value, the all-purpose flour could be replaced with whole wheat flour or a gluten-free alternative such as almond flour.
What to serve with a mint brownie?
Mint brownies pair well with a variety of accompaniments, depending on personal preference. Some options include a scoop of vanilla or mint chocolate chip ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, or a sprinkling of powdered sugar. For a more savory pairing, consider a cup of hot cocoa or a glass of milk. Ultimately, the best choice is one that complements the rich chocolate flavor and refreshing mint taste of the brownies.
Whats the best sauce for a mint brownie?
For mint brownies, a rich chocolate ganache makes the perfect sauce. The ganache compliments the chocolate and mint flavors in the brownies, while also adding a velvety texture. To make the ganache, simply heat heavy cream in a saucepan until it simmers, then pour it over chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth. Add a touch of peppermint extract to enhance the mint flavor. Allow the ganache to cool slightly before drizzling it over the brownies or serving it alongside for dipping. This easy and decadent sauce will take your mint brownies to the next level.
Mint brownie health benefits
While brownies may not be the healthiest dessert option in general, incorporating mint into the recipe can provide some potential health benefits. Mint has been suggested to aid in digestion and help with symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Additionally, dark chocolate, often used in brownie recipes, contains antioxidants that can benefit heart health. However, it is important to remember that brownies are still a high calorie and sugar dessert and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. If a healthier recipe is desired, a fruit salad or yogurt parfait with fresh berries would be a better choice.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!