Hello and welcome to Quality Chai! Today, I have an amazing recipe to share with all the tea lovers out there: Green Tea Cake. This cake is not only delicious but also healthy as it is infused with the goodness of green tea, known for its numerous health benefits. Whether you’re entertaining guests or simply craving something sweet, this recipe is perfect for any occasion. So, let’s get started and whip up a batch of this scrumptious treat! We’ve made this green tea cake recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup of milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9-inch cake pan.2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.5. Mix in the matcha green tea powder until well combined.6. Gradually mix in the flour mixture and milk, alternating between them and starting and ending with the flour mixture.7. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.8. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.9. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.10. Finally, enjoy your delicious green tea cake!
How long does green tea cake last in the fridge?
Green tea cake can typically be stored in the fridge for up to four to five days after cooking, provided that it is stored properly in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap. It is important to allow the cake to cool completely before storing it, as storing it when it is still warm can create condensation and make the cake soggy. It is also recommended to slice the cake and store it in portions to make it easier to grab and go. Before serving, allow the cake to come to room temperature for optimal taste and texture. If the cake is not going to be consumed within five days, it can be frozen for up to three months.
Low calorie green tea cake recipe substitutions
To make this green tea cake recipe lower in calories, a few substitutions can be made. First, the sugar can be reduced by using a sugar substitute that is suitable for baking. Second, the butter can be replaced with a low-fat margarine or vegetable oil to reduce the calorie and fat content. Third, the all-purpose flour can be substituted with whole wheat pastry flour for added fiber and nutrition. Finally, the milk can be replaced with a low-fat or skim milk to further reduce the calorie and fat content. These substitutions will help to make the green tea cake recipe lower in calories and more suitable for a healthy diet.
What to serve with a green tea cake?
Green tea cake pairs well with a variety of flavors and textures. You can serve it with whipped cream or cream cheese frosting for a sweet treat. Alternatively, try serving it with fresh fruit such as berries or sliced citrus to balance out the sweetness. For a more savory option, pair the cake with a cup of green tea or matcha latte. You can also add a scoop of vanilla or green tea ice cream for a decadent dessert. The possibilities are endless, so don’t be afraid to get creative!
Whats the best sauce for a green tea cake?
One delicious and light option for a Green Tea Cake sauce is a simple citrus glaze made with freshly squeezed lemon juice and confectioners’ sugar. This glaze complements the earthy flavor of the green tea cake and adds a tangy sweetness that enhances its natural sweetness. To make the glaze, mix together 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar and 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake and let it set before serving. This sauce is easy to make and will create a perfect balance of flavors for a delightful dessert.
Green tea cake health benefits
Green tea cake can have several health benefits due to its main ingredient, green tea. Green tea is known for its high concentration of antioxidants and polyphenols, which may help prevent chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes. Additionally, green tea may aid in weight loss by boosting metabolism and reducing inflammation. However, it’s important to note that the health benefits of green tea cake can be counteracted by high amounts of added sugars and fats in the recipe. To make a healthier dessert option, consider a recipe for a fruit salad with a drizzle of honey or a homemade smoothie with greens and low-fat dairy or nut milk.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!