Welcome to Quality Chai, where we do more than just offer delicious tea blends! Our earl gray bread recipe is the perfect complement to a relaxing afternoon tea or breakfast. The fragrant aroma and subtle hint of bergamot will leave you feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day. This recipe is simple to make and will become a staple in your home kitchen in no time. So, let’s get baking! We’ve made this earl gray bread recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 oz. (7g) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Earl Grey tea
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- Mix 3 cups of bread flour, 1 tsp. of salt, 1/4 oz. (7g) of active dry yeast, and 1/4 cup of granulated sugar together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of Earl Grey tea together on medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Remove the milk and tea mixture from heat and stir in 1/4 cup of unsalted butter until melted. Let it cool slightly.
- Beat 1 egg and add it to the cooled milk and tea mixture.
- Add the milk and tea mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix until dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead the dough for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it, and let it rise until doubled, about an hour.
- Punch down the dough and knead it for another 2-3 minutes. Form the dough into a loaf shape and place it in a greased bread pan.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for another 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Bake the bread for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and the bread sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let cool on a wire rack before serving.
How long does earl gray bread last in the fridge?
Earl Grey bread can typically be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days after it has been cooked. It is best to store it in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap to prevent moisture from entering and causing it to spoil faster. If you want to extend its shelf life, you can also freeze it for up to 2-3 months. Just be sure to let it fully defrost before reheating or consuming. Always check for any signs of mold or spoilage before consuming.
Low calorie earl gray bread recipe substitutions
To make this Earl Grey Bread recipe lower in calories, we can make some substitutions. Firstly, we can replace the bread flour with whole wheat flour, which is higher in fiber and lower in calories. Also, instead of using granulated sugar, we can use a low-calorie sweetener such as stevia or agave nectar, which can significantly reduce the sugar content. For the butter, we can use a plant-based butter substitute or even applesauce to reduce the calorie and fat content. Additionally, we can replace the milk with almond milk or skimmed milk to reduce the calorie content further. Finally, we can reduce the amount of tea in the recipe. By incorporating these substitutions, we can make this Earl Grey Bread recipe much lower in calories while still retaining its delicious taste.
What to serve with a earl gray bread?
Earl Gray bread is a unique and delicious treat that can be enjoyed in many ways. One great way to serve it is as a side with a hearty soup or stew. The rich and aromatic flavors of the bread perfectly complement the savory and comforting flavors of a warm soup. Alternatively, you could serve it as a light snack with some butter or jam, or as part of a charcuterie board with some cured meats and cheeses. Whatever way you choose to serve it, earl gray bread is sure to impress and satisfy.
Whats the best sauce for a earl gray bread?
Earl grey bread is a unique and flavorful bread, and the perfect sauce can elevate its flavors to the next level. A simple and classic choice for serving with earl grey bread is a honey butter sauce. The sweetness and silkiness of the honey butter complement the delicate bergamot flavor of the earl grey bread, giving it a perfect balance of flavors. Alternatively, a fruit-based sauce like raspberry or blueberry sauce can also work well, adding a tart and fruity contrast that complements the complex flavors of the bread. Ultimately, the best sauce for earl grey bread depends on personal preference, but the honey butter sauce and fruit-based sauces are excellent choices to start with.
Earl gray bread health benefits
Earl gray tea is known for being rich in antioxidants, which can help to reduce inflammation, boost the immune system and lower the risk of developing chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and cancer. However, there is limited scientific evidence to suggest that the same benefits can be obtained from eating earl gray bread. Therefore, if you are looking for a recipe that is healthier, you may consider making a whole wheat or multigrain bread that is high in fiber and complex carbohydrates, which can help to regulate blood sugar levels and keep you feeling full for longer. Additionally, you may experiment with adding nuts, seeds, and other superfoods such as chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, and pumpkin seeds to boost the nutritional value of your bread.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!