Welcome to Quality Chai! If you’re a fan of the aromatic and warming flavors of chai, then you’re going to love our chai ice cream recipe. With a creamy base and a blend of traditional chai spices, this dessert is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a refreshing treat to cool you down in the summertime or a cozy dessert to warm you up in the winter, this chai ice cream is sure to hit the spot. So, let’s get started on making this delicious recipe together! We’ve made this chai ice cream recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 bags of chai tea
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 egg yolks
- In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream and whole milk over medium heat.
- Add the sugar, chai tea bags, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, and salt to the saucepan and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Let the mixture come to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Once it comes to a simmer, remove from heat and let steep for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks until thick and creamy.
- Remove the tea bags from the cream mixture and slowly pour the warm mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly, to temper the eggs.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and place over low heat. Stir constantly until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon (about 5-7 minutes).
- Remove from heat and strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any solids.
- Cover and refrigerate the mixture until it is chilled (at least 4 hours or overnight).
- Churn the chilled mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the ice cream to a container and freeze until firm (at least 2 hours).
- Scoop and serve!
How long does chai ice cream last in the fridge?
Generally, chai ice cream can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks after cooking. However, this may vary depending on the specific ingredients and recipe used. It is always recommended to check the expiration dates of the individual ingredients used in the ice cream and to follow proper storage guidelines. It is best to store the chai ice cream in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn and to maintain its flavor and texture. To extend the shelf life of the ice cream, it can also be stored in a freezer for up to one month. When ready to serve, allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften before scooping.
Low calorie chai ice cream recipe substitutions
To make this chai ice cream recipe lower calorie, a few substitutions can be made. Firstly, instead of using heavy cream, one can use low-fat or fat-free milk. The sugar content can also be reduced by using a natural sweetener such as honey or maple syrup in place of granulated sugar. As for the egg yolks, one can use egg substitute or simply reduce the amount of yolks used. Additionally, instead of using whole milk, skim milk or almond milk can be used to reduce calorie intake. All spices, however, do not have significant caloric intake, so nothing can be substituted there. By incorporating such substitutions, the recipe can be made lower calorie without compromising on taste.
What to serve with a chai ice cream?
Chai ice cream has a unique flavor that is both spicy and sweet, making it a perfect dessert for any occasion. To complement the flavor of the ice cream, you can serve it with a variety of accompaniments. Some great options include spiced or caramelized nuts, fresh fruit like sliced peaches or mangoes, or a drizzle of honey or caramel sauce. For an extra special treat, you can also serve the ice cream with a warm mug of chai tea or a shot of espresso. Whatever you choose, make sure to savor every bite of this delicious and comforting dessert.
Whats the best sauce for a chai ice cream?
The best sauce for chai ice cream would be a caramel sauce infused with chai spices such as cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and cloves. This would complement the warm and spiced flavors of the chai ice cream while adding a decadent sweetness. To make this sauce, start by melting sugar in a pan until it turns golden brown. Then, add in cream and chai spices while stirring continuously. Let the sauce cool and drizzle it over your scoop of chai ice cream for a delicious and indulgent dessert.
Chai ice cream health benefits
Chai ice cream is a delicious treat, but unfortunately, it is not particularly healthy. Chai ice cream is typically made using cream, sugar, and spices, all of which are high in calories and can contribute to weight gain and other health problems if consumed in excess. However, if you are looking for a healthier dessert option, you might consider making fruit sorbet instead. Sorbet is lower in calories than ice cream and is made using fruit, water, and a little sugar. You can experiment with different fruits and spices to create a delicious and healthy dessert that satisfies your sweet tooth without sacrificing your health.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!