Greetings and welcome to Quality Chai! Today, we have a delicious recipe for Assam brownies that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Combining the rich flavors of chocolate with the subtle notes of Assam tea, these brownies are a unique and tasty treat. Whether you’re a fan of brownies or a lover of tea, this recipe is sure to impress. So let’s get started and make some delicious Assam brownies together! We’ve made this assam brownie recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Assam tea bags
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of melted unsalted butter, 2 cups of granulated sugar, 3/4 cup of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Slowly add 4 large eggs into the mixing bowl one at a time, with each egg being fully combined into the mixture before adding the next.
- Next, sift 1 cup of all-purpose flour into the mixing bowl and mix until just combined.
- Open up 2 Assam tea bags and empty the tea leaves inside them into a small bowl. Add 1/4 cup of hot water into this bowl of tea leaves and let them steep for about 1 minute.
- Strain the tea and add it to the brownie batter in the mixing bowl. Combine everything together until well combined.
- Pour your brownie batter into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake your brownies in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once your brownies are baked, let them cool completely in the pan before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
How long does assam brownie last in the fridge?
Assam brownies can be stored in the fridge for up to 4-5 days after cooking. To ensure that they last for this duration, it is important to store them in an airtight container. If you plan to keep them any longer, it is better to freeze the brownies as they can last for several weeks in the freezer. When freezing assam brownies, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and store them in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. To thaw, remove the brownies from the freezer and let them sit at room temperature for an hour before serving.
Low calorie assam brownie recipe substitutions
To reduce the calorie count of this Assam Brownie recipe, some simple substitutions could be made without compromising its taste. Firstly, we could replace the regular butter with a non-fat or low-fat version. Second, we could use a zero-calorie sweetener such as stevia in place of the granulated sugar. Third, we could replace some of the all-purpose flour with almond flour or another lower-calorie flour substitute. Finally, we could lower the amount of eggs used and replace them with unsweetened applesauce or another low-fat alternative. These simple substitutions would not only decrease the calorie count but also make the recipe healthier overall.
What to serve with a assam brownie?
Assam brownies have a unique tart and sweet flavor, so it’s best to pair them with something light and refreshing. A great option would be a simple scoop of vanilla or coconut ice cream to balance the tartness of the brownies. You can also serve them with a refreshing fruit salad or a side of fresh berries. If you’re feeling indulgent, a dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce would add a luxurious touch. Alternatively, a cup of hot tea or coffee would be the perfect accompaniment to the rich and decadent flavor of the brownies.
Whats the best sauce for a assam brownie?
There are a variety of sauces that would pair well with assam brownies, but one that stands out is a tangy tamarind sauce. Tamarind, with its slightly sweet and sour taste, complements the complex flavors of the assam brownie. To make the sauce, mix tamarind paste with water, brown sugar, soy sauce, and chili flakes in a pot, and simmer until thickened. The resulting sauce can be drizzled over the brownies or served on the side for dipping. The combination of the rich chocolate and tart tamarind is sure to impress any dessert lover.
Assam brownie health benefits
Unfortunately, there are no specific health benefits of eating Assam brownies. However, we can suggest alternative recipes that are healthier and still delicious. For example, vegan banana oatmeal cookies are a healthier option as they are made with wholesome ingredients like bananas, oats, and almond butter. These cookies are high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats, making them a great snack option for individuals looking to maintain a healthier lifestyle.
Check out other popular quality chai essentials!